FBC History


Flomich Avenue Baptist Church was started as a branch Sunday School and later as a mission of First Baptist Church of Holly Hill. Guy Stoner was the pastor at that time.

On October 18, 1953, the first unit of the building was completed and had an enrollment of 34. The first building was started by a gift from the State Mission Board.

On March 6, 1954, Flomich Avenue Baptist Church was organized as a church. There were 34 charter members.

The present sanctuary was completed in 1955.

FULL-TIME PASTORS

Rev. J.L. DuRant Served 1953-August 1959

Rev. M. B. Lamb Served June 1960-1962

Rev. Ken Klingler Served 1962-1967

Rev. Eugene Baxley Served October 1968-December 1986

Rev. David A. Keener Served August 1987- 1989

 

Rev. Jerry Webb and Paula Webb, currently serving at FBC since October,1989

CHARTER MEMBERS

Rev. and Mrs. J.L. DuRant

Mr. and Mrs. N.L. McRae, Sr.

Kay Frances Johnston

Miss Patricia Crabtree

Mr. Edgar J. Penner

Mr. and Mrs. Grady Holton

Mr. and Mrs. Harry Drawdy

Mr. and Mrs. Charles Oliver

Mr. M.B. Buskett

Miss Sylvia McRae

Mr. Dick Smith

Dr. and Mrs. John Langford

Mr. and Mrs. Andy Johnston

Mr. and Mrs. Carl Crabtree

Mr. and Mrs. John Beeny

Mr. and Mrs. Isaac Graham

Mr. and Mrs. Frank Creaser

Mr. and Mrs. N. L. McRae, Jr.

Mr. and Mrs. Glen Munsey

Miss Sharon McRae

Miss Hazel McRae